Baby Boomers Forum

Dream Articles

Courtz Dream Web: the place to untangle the meaning of your dreams
Old 12-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Default Dreams Mixing With Reality

It was my freshman year of college. One night after my roommate and I had both been asleep for quite sometime we both must have began to dream around the same time. In my dream, I was with my brother about to exercise or somethin

Dreams are a strange thing in and of themselves, but when they mesh with reality, they become even more of an anomaly. Sometimes two people dreaming two different dreams can share the experience in reality. I never would have thought this would be possible if I had not experienced it for myself. Let me tell you about my strange encounter.

It was my freshman year of college. One night after my roommate and I had both been asleep for quite sometime we both must have began to dream around the same time. In my dream, I was with my brother about to exercise or something. The conversation with him went something like this:

“Please hand me the weights,” I asked.

“What weights?” my brother responded.

“The weights you lift,” I responded indignantly as if he should know full well what I was talking about.

Little did I know that it was me speaking out loud and that “my brother” was my roommate speaking out loud. Somehow we heard each other while we were sleeping and incorporated what the other was saying into our own individual dreams.

In her dream, she was in a grocery store. Some random elderly lady stopped her to ask about weights. She was confused because she was not sure why anyone would be asking about weights in the middle of a food store. It was actually my roommate that asked me “what weights”, trying to figure out what the woman wanted to know about weights.

It wasn’t until the next morning that we both realized we had actually been speaking to each other while we were dreaming. It is, by far, the strangest thing that I have ever experienced regarding dreams. I’m used to hearing about people speaking in their sleep. Apparently that is not an uncommon incident, but my experience in talking in my sleep to someone else that was also talking in their sleep is the first I have heard of.

Any strange dreams you want to discuss? Come share it with your dreaming friends at www.boomeryearbook.com.

www.boomeryearbook.com is a social networking site connecting the Baby Boomer generation. Share your thoughts, rediscover old friends, or expand your mind with brain games provided by clinical psychologist Dr. Karen Turner. Join today to discover the many ways we are helping Boomers connect for fun and profit.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:14 PM

In my opinion, talking in sleep commonly happens to people who are going through a lot of stress. My mom and my brother often talk in their sleep. They are the busiest people in the family!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:59 AM
Talking

That's amazing!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:13 AM

so basically, there might be some relationship between stress and dreams mixing with reality, huh?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:37 AM

i guess so, there is. sometimes, we bring the things that we repress thorough our dreams. especially those that stresses us too much.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:23 PM

A big relationship, i must say, Lissa. Dreams are our subconscious, and more often than not, we try to reppress our daily stressors in life thats why they haunt us in our dreams.... yikes.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 AM

My brother often plays football and kicks if anyone sleeps near him... and even sometime shouts like anything.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 AM

Its quite funny but my mom says that I usually talk and eat somethings in my dream.