Baby Boomers Forum

Dream Articles

Courtz Dream Web: the place to untangle the meaning of your dreams
Old 12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Default Types of Dreams

There are several different types of dreams. Among them are day dreams, nightmares, recurring dreams, and lucid dreams. The type of dream a person experience depends on what the person is experiencing in his or her life. These are just a few examples of the types of dreams a person may experience.

Characterized by a glazed, glassy eyed expression, day dreams often occur in the middle of the day while the person is wide awake. Although the person is awake while experiencing a day dream, the dream itself can be just as vivid as a dream experienced during REM sleep. Generally, someone starts to daydream due to lack of mental stimulation or boredom.

Nightmares are dreams of a scary nature. They feature something that the individual is afraid of. Usually they occur with adults because of some sort of stress or anxiety the adult is experiencing. Children, on the other hand, can experience a nightmare simply from watching a scary movie. They become so afraid of the story in the movie that they have bad dreams about the movie or characters in the movie. Small children are not yet able to understand that a movie is just something that is made up.

Recurring dreams are dreams that happen on a regular basis. Each dream either has a recurring theme or is the exact same dream happening over and over again. As with many other dreams, it is caused by some kind of stress or anxiety. The source of the anxiety may be due to some kind of psychological trauma one has experienced at some point in his or her life. Whatever the cause of the dream is, it must be dealt with in order to stop the dream from recurring again.

Last of all, lucid dreams are a type of dream where the person is aware that he or she is dreaming. In these dreams, a person can control the events of the dream. It is a rare thing for someone to report having a lucid dream, however. At least, it is a rare occurrence for someone to have one and remember about having one. Yet, it would be a useful thing if we could control our dreams or learn how to control them. If everyone had that ability, we could put a stop to nightmares or recurring dreams simply by letting them, forcing them, to play themselves out in the way that we want.

Have a dream you would like to discuss? Come share it with your dreaming friends at www.boomeryearbook.com.

www.boomeryearbook.com is a social networking site connecting the Baby Boomer generation. Share your thoughts, rediscover old friends, or expand your mind with brain games provided by clinical psychologist Dr. Karen Turner. Join today to discover the many ways we are helping Boomers connect for fun and profit.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Talking

Always daydreaming..
Old 12-30-2008, 06:11 AM

You are right, you know when ever I see any thriller movie. I'm so afraid of the story in the movie that I get bad dreams about the movie or characters in the movie...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:09 AM

One of my friend is Nightmares... She walks in her sleep.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:14 AM

I am a daydreamer and I can't help myself.