Baby Boomers Forum

Dream Articles

Courtz Dream Web: the place to untangle the meaning of your dreams
Old 12-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Default Common Themes In Dreams

There are hundreds of common themes occurring in dreams. Some people even believe that each theme has its own specific meaning. There are a number of books you can read on the subject. If you dream about bears there are answers to what the bear symbolizes. If you have the ever common chase dream, there are different answers to what that signifies. Listed below are some of the more common dream themes and their believed meanings.

Animals: animals are common in dreams. It is believed that animals are symbolic and that each one represents something different. Examples include a cat, which is meant to represent your enemies. If you rid yourself of the cats, you are conquering your enemies. Alligators are supposed to be related to fear and frogs to health problems.

Falling Dreams: first of all, it should be noted that it is a myth that if you die in your dream you will die in real life. Although, most people wake up before they actually hit the ground. This may be due to the sudden adrenaline rush your body experiences that literally awaken all your senses. Falling dreams can be a sign of being overwhelmed by something or fear of failure.

Closets: Dreaming of closets is an indication of something you are hiding. This could be something you are hiding from or something that you are hiding from others. There are various other rooms in the house that also carry significant symbolism.

Lastly, there is the ever common naked dream. This represents fear of exposure; something that you are afraid others will notice about you. It could be that you are unprepared for a presentation you must make or a performance of some kind. It could also be that you are afraid to reveal your true feelings of vulnerability. In any case, it usually means that you are hiding something of some sort.

The list of symbols and themes could go on and on. There are many books available on the subject. You can find them at your local library or book stores. The easiest way to look for them is under the subject heading of dream interpretations. You can also look for what is called a dream dictionary to find answers to what your dreams may mean as well as to what the things in your dream may symbolize.

Have a dream you would like to discuss? Come share it with your dreaming friends at www.boomeryearbook.com.

www.boomeryearbook.com is a social networking site connecting the Baby Boomer generation. Share your thoughts, rediscover old friends, or expand your mind with brain games provided by clinical psychologist Dr. Karen Turner. Join today to discover the many ways we are helping Boomers connect for fun and profit.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:11 PM

I once dreamt of tripping off a stair step, eventually falling, and I broke my tooth. I woke up and told my mom about my dream. She told me that a broken tooth/loosing a tooth meant death. A week after, we got news that my aunt passed away coz of breast cancer.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:06 AM

I dreamt of lying in the terrace and then falling. And when I hit the ground, I suddenly awake. I also dreamt of breaking my teeth. Yeah, teeth! Waahh.. I have dream of it several times. And my mom also told me that it was related to death.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:01 AM

woah... death and teeth, erm, that's new. at least to me. were your mums able to tell you why?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:15 AM

Dream dictionaries are way too cool!
Old 12-25-2008, 10:31 AM

among the themes listed here, i commonly dream about falling. I often fall off my bed and wake up. i am bothered at times, but not much about what the dream meant. more of waking up in the middle of my sleep