Baby Boomers Forum

Dream Articles

Courtz Dream Web: the place to untangle the meaning of your dreams
Old 12-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Default Biblical Dreams

Dreams are commonly reported in the Bible. They were believed to have been of a divine nature, meant as a sort of prophecy. Each element in the dream was a symbolism for something that was to occur in the future. Dreams were meant to be interpreted only by God or by someone that had a direct connection with God. A sort of prophet, you might say.

Among the more famous biblical passages about dreams is Genesis 41 where Pharaoh dreams about the famine before it occurs. He does not understand the meaning of his dreams, and so, gets Joseph to interpret them for him. Joseph proceeds to tell him that the seven good cows in Pharaoh’s dream meant that there would be seven years of prosperity, but the seven bad cows that he dreamt about meant there would be seven years of famine to follow and that they must prepare for the famine during the good years.

Joseph interpreted the Pharaoh’s second dream as well. He told him that the two dreams were actually one, that they meant the same thing. The seven good ears of good corn, likewise, represented seven good years and the seven ears of corn that were “blighted by the east wind” signified the oncoming years of drought.

There are many other instances in the Bible in which someone gets direction from God because of a dream. Many today still believe that one of the ways God speaks to humans is through dreams. These dreams are known as prophetic dreams. They are meant to show what is to come in the future, to guide us in the right direction. Or sometimes just meant as a warning, much the same way Pharaoh’s dreams were meant. Meant to warn us so that we can be prepared.

Have a dream you would like to discuss? Come share it with your dreaming friends at www.boomeryearbook.com.

www.boomeryearbook.com is a social networking site connecting the Baby Boomer generation. Share your thoughts, rediscover old friends, or expand your mind with brain games provided by clinical psychologist Dr. Karen Turner. Join today to discover the many ways we are helping Boomers connect for fun and profit.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Smile Joseph received that dream

from God
he needed that because God wanted to share with him the future...
Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Default Re: Biblical Dreams

oooohh. there was a time when i dreamed of flying with Jesus inside my room when I was in 3rd grade. dreamt of the same thing for 3 consecutive days. up until now, i never knew what it meant. if only joseph were alive.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Default Re: Biblical Dreams

argie, during that time, do you remember anything happening good or bad to you?? or anything remarkable that happened to your family?